Saturday

The Out of Darkness Walk

Saturday, my friend Amanda is promoting the "Out of Darkness" community walk at Howard County Community College for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  She asked me if I would donate anything for the cause to help raise money for the AFSP.  I was honored that she asked me and more than happy to put together a photography basket.   Amanda lost her father to suicide ten years ago when she was only fifteen, so this is a very special cause for her.  You can read more about her and the event here: http://www.explorehoward.com/community/75314/darkness/ and about the walk on this facebook page: http://www.blogger.com/goog_103629479facebook.com/event.php?eid=132924956738508
Last night I delivered the basket and she gave me one of the t-shirts for the walk.  I was shocked to see the placement of my logo.  It made me so happy to see how my business has grown and that with growing I've been able to give back.  I really hope my small donation of a photo basket with photo session will help her continue to educate and help those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!